Friday, February 27, 2009

It's finally underway

So the free agency period has started about exactly one hour ago, and it started off with a bang. There weren't any actual free agents signed to other teams, but retained by their former teams.

Those names include DeAngelo Hall who struck gold, receiving a contract over the course of six years worth $54 million dollars, including $30 million being spread out over the course of the first three years. Another player that signed a new contract with his 2008 team was FB Tony Richardson, who reportedly re-signed with the Jets.

Bronco fans, don't get nervous, don't get scared. The Broncos are fully expected to make an impact and a splash in the free agency within the next 48 hours and I'll be right on top of it. There has been a big rumor leaked around here though, and I'll put it out there right now. The name that has been swirling around as of late is LB Ray Lewis. Apparently the Broncos are interested in him, and Lewis has expressed interest in reuniting with his old defensive coach, Mike Nolan. Now it just comes down to the question if the Broncos are willing to pay what the Ravens, Jets, and Cowboys are willing to pay. If they are, we could see Ray Lewis in orange and blue next season.

One thing is for sure. It's going to be a sleepless first half of the night at my computer, the second half will be spent at work. The hours are about 4 AM EST - 9:30 AM EST. So if the Broncos do make a move within that time, don't expect an update from me immediately. But as soon as I get home I'll be sure to report it.

However, I have my cell phone on full blast, I have all the rumor sites bookmarked, and I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark here and say that I'm going to be a little sidetracked at work this morning.

No comments: